Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

memories...

I stumbled upon my old journal today from 1995 and 1996. It was really interesting to read through it. There is so much that I've forgotten. I was in college at the time dealing with friendships, the loss of my first love, school, work etc. But, one thing I noticed is how much I depended on the Lord through all of that and how He has truly been faithful. I talked a lot about my future husband and it is amazing how God exceeded all of my expectations. He is soooo good! I am truly blessed to be the wife of the most amazing man I know.

I also used to write poetry. It was just for me to express feelings etc. Here was one of my favorites...

Wind is not seen but heard,
like the quiet beating of a heart.
Time passes and never goes back.
Explanations come and go,
quiet rythyms of mindless games.
Patterns of nothing that seem so real,
yet never are surfaced and faced.


Sorry if it doesn't make sense to you...it does to me, but I don't know if I could explain it. Give me your thoughts....but be kind :)

May Christ be your strength today!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's weird...last week I read through about four of my old journals. They were all about pretty much the same things as yours. I got all contemplative about life and stuff...I'm with you: God's plan and the way things have turned out so far have been above and beyond my expectations...amazing husband, beautiful kids. A lot of poetry in mine, too...I like your poem, and I totally get it. Love you!