Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 15, 2006

Great News...Great Movie :)

First, the great news. Kade had his yearly evaluation with ECI today. (Early Childhood Intervention) They work with kids with developmental delays until they are three. Anyway, Kade and Lily have been seeing them from birth because of the drug exposure. When we got them a year ago they were both behind in several areas. Kade (at 15mths) was chewing on the level of a 7mth old, just to give you an idea. He had a great eval today...he was so close to being on target that they gave me the option of continuing or not. I chose to continue because of his speech. He is still not speaking very clearly. But, he has made great strides. Yeah, Kade!!!

Now for the great movie...You have to see The Illusionist. I don't want to talk about it and give anything away. I am at my sweet parents house and my mom kept the kids while my dad and I went to see it. Thanks Mom and Dad for a relaxing night!

One last random add on...I didn't add in my entry yesterday that my precious son came over and sat on top of me as I laid on the couch after coming out of my "time out" :) He proceeded to kiss my nose, then my cheeks, then my mouth...in that order...about 4 times. It was so sweet. One reason is because I usually have to bribe him to give kisses... It was one of those moments that make all the difficulties associated with being a mom melt away...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww... Kade loves his mommy!! It was so good talking to you this weekend, I forgot to tell you I meet a person from Corsicana (she's in Phi Lamb with me)... tell Kyle we drank ALOT to get "in"!! j/k, anyways she thought you were my sister!! I absolutely love it when someone thinks that I could be your sister (o: