Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, September 14, 2006

challenging day

Today beginning at 1pm the Lord decided to give me a chance to practice the patience that I have been praying for. I know...I've heard it many times, "Don't you know that you're not supposed to pray for patience". Well, the only reason my children are still living is because I have prayed for some...jk :) Anyway, Rylee decided to have a HUGE fit at the end of school...I had to call Kyle to come get her. Her fits lately have just been sooooo over the top. (I have no idea where she gets that from). Ha! The twins woke up in bad moods and fussed, whined and cried all the way home . We got home and all three of them started in. I stood there listening to all three of them at the same time and I did what any mother who didn't want to murder there children would do...I locked myself in my bedroom. No kidding. I laid on my bed and prayed for about 5 minutes. Of course, as soon as I left them they stopped whining and fussing and started carrying on a conversation.

I came out and calmly found the phone and called my wonderful husband. He came home, told me to go to my room and took care of the kids while I had a nice break. He also picked up toys and tidied the house. Yes.......I know how blessed I am. He truly is wonderful and so understanding when I have days like today.

One thing is for sure....tomorrow has to be better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing Kyle is! I love him for loving you so well! How great that he understands. I am sorry that yesterday was so rough. Just remember what a difference you are making in the lives of these children. They are amazing kids and it is because they have such an amazing mom and dad!!! You are always in my prayers........
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Mary Michele your such a great mom!!