Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

what the heck?

so, i must admit that i am somewhat of a political idiot. i'm not exaggerating :) i try to be informed enough to vote...which i do and so should you!!! it's my blog...i can throw out my opinions :) anyway, as i understand it...the senate and house of rep's has now been taken over by the democrats. what confuses me the most is how upset some christians seem to be. to here some of them talk, it is the end of the world and america is going to hell in a handbasket.

now, personally, i don't really understand what the upset is about because here is the bottom line.........is God any less God than He was yesterday? where is our faith, people? do we honestly have more faith in politicians than we do the Creator of the universe? it just seems so ridiculous to me!!!

there you have it....my soap box for the week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is still God and always will be, but He lets us make our own decisions and the voters of this country just made a very bad one. He also often lets us face the consequences of our decisions. Being a pregnant mother of two, I am very concerned about the future security of our country. And nothing scares me more than having the Democrats at the helm...and I do stay informed. I watch them and listen to them, and quite frankly, they scare me to death.

mary-michele said...

and there you have it...my sister and i...night and day :)

Michael said...

I love the way your mind and spirit work together. And I know God does too. Keep remembering we live our fullest lives in the Kingdom of God, not a country run by any certain political party.

Mel said...

Ok- not a politician but I have always said - to vote is to have an opinion - so I vote - so I can complain - it is the glory of democracy - nothing can get done with out the house, senate and pres on board - what really scares me is in two years when it all starts over again! LORD HELP US!!!!! Mar - I am up to date on you - I will blog tomorrow.

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Amen Michael!!