Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rest Within His Sanctuary...

Why, in this, a time of trouble,
do I sing a song of peace?
Why, with all man's strife and struggle,
do I thank God for release?

Why? Because I know He loves me,
and by faith I enter in
To the safety of His refuge,
where He saves me from my sin.

He brings comfort to the suffering,
strength to those lost and alone;
For He offers an asylum,
calling us to be His own.

Listen, you can hear Him calling
from the cross and empty grave,
"Enter in My sanctuary;
all who enter I will save."

Rest within his sanctuary;
there is shelter from the storm.
You are safe within His refuge
till He comes to take you home.

Soon the young and old will gather
in that city filled with song.
Walled about by His salvation,
Christ the Lord has made it strong.

See the city gates are open;
enter in while time remains.
There is room for all who trust Him;
death to lose and life to gain.

-Dan Whittemore-

2 comments:

Mel said...

TOO AMAZING - I HAVE BLOGGED - CHECK IT OUT = I AM BACK!

Camila said...

Hi this is a beautiful song but cannot find it on the internet. I know Lillenas is where I have heard it from. Where can I find this? Thanks!!