Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 20, 2006

very long day...

we got up this morning at 5am in order to get kade to the surgery center at children's medical by 6:30am. about 8:30am they give him his "happy syrup" and we had the joy of discovering why they call it that. kade was looooooopy :) too cute. they took him back around 9am and he was back in our arms around 10:30am (still a little loopy). the dr. said that the surgery went well. we were in recovery until around noon and then headed home.

he has done well today. he has slept quite a bit and yes...he is hurting. i've been giving him tylenol/motrin for the pain. every time he pees he says, "take my diaper off, take my diaper off". i think it stings a little. i've also heard, "ouchy, my bottom hurts and my bipar hewts (diaper hurts)". bless his heart...he's hanging in there. thanks for prayers and phone calls etc.

my precious parents are keeping the girls this weekend so that i can focus on taking care of kade. what a blessing!!! i don't know what i would do if the girls were here....he is demanding all of my attention. it's good bonding for us too. i'm really enjoying spending some alone time with my only little boy......who is now calling me even as i type this! bye!

1 comment:

Mel said...

You are in my prayers! How is the little guy today? I did not want to bother you yesterday as I figured it was going to be rough. I am so glad your parents were able to keep the girls. That will hopefully allow you to be able to just focus on Kade! We love ya!

mel