Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Love of God

I am currently reading "Lies women believe and the truth that sets them free" by Nancy DeMoss and working through the companion notebook. Basically at the root of every stronghold is a lie that we have believed. I'm discovering that Satan is really, really good at what he does. He knows exactly where we are weak and he attacks.

One of the major lies that I struggle with is that God couldn't possibly love me when I ___________. The blank could be anything and I'm sure we could all fill it in with something or many things. I don't know why I struggle with God's unconditional love for me. I don't really know if I fully grasp how much He loves me. So, I am desperately trying to replace that lie with God's truth. It really takes work. But I read something this morning that I want to share by Hannah Whitall Smith:

Put together all the tenderest love you know of, the deepest you have ever felt, and the strongest that has ever been poured out upon you, and heap upon it all the love of all the loving human hearts in the world, and then multiply it by infinity, and you will begin, perhaps to have some faint glimpse of what the love of God is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That quote from H W Smith is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. You are loved.