Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

weakness and strength

so......i'm better now but still missing my new little man like crazy!  we had such a great weekend!!!  i wasn't expecting to bond with him the way that i did...it was very comfortable and very natural.  from the moment i started loving on him, it was like he was saying, "oh..hi mom...i've been waiting for you to come see me".  he was so engaging with his big blue eyes and open mouthed smile :)  

the kids and i fell in love with him and we are sooooo ready for him to be home with us!  i'm really praying that will be soon.  paperwork is being transfered to houston this week.......so i've been told.  we shall see....

i also had a very humbling moment over the weekend.  i was getting ready for church on sunday morning and thinking about the fact that i was a mother of four.  (still feels weird to say that)  if you had told me 5 years ago that i would be a mother of four i would have laughed in your face and headed for the hills. :)  anyway...i was also thinking about kyle and i discussing adoption before we were married and how we both felt called etc.  then it hit me............out of all the women on this planet, God chose me to be their mother.  wow...........  it was a very humbling thought, especially since i feel less than worthy majority of the time.  then He brought to mind 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  HELLO!!!!!!!  i feel like the definition of weak.   the thought of being the mom of these four precious gifts completely overwhelms me daily.  i can't do it.  i don't have the patience, the selflessness, the discipline and the love to be a good mother to them.  But......He does..........Praise God!!!!  it's not in my power or my strength.....it's in His.....and what He has called me to do.....He is faithful to bring about!  

so....mom's be encouraged!!!  He is strong in our weakness!  I hope you're Easter was blessed and that you experience the power of His resurrection daily!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mary-Michele! I needed that this morning. I'll be praying for a speedy reunion with your sweet little guy.
~Heather H.