Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 21, 2008

Finally...

i went and picked up Gray at 3:30pm yesterday. i can't explain how it felt to finally hold and kiss him :) we loaded his stuff and headed for my parents. the kids were waiting at my parents house and were thrilled to finally meet him. i think they were beginning to think that we made this whole thing up. :)

they took to him immediately! the girls are helping left and right, wanting to hold him, feed him etc. kade loves on him but i sense a little jealousy already....he's been the only boy.

we had a great night last night. he slept and woke from around 8pm-10pm. i was a little worried about the kind of night i was in for. he finally went to sleep again around 10pm and slept until 7am this morning. i was pleasantly surprised. he woke up this morning happy and smiling. he is precious beyond words and reminds me soooo much of lily. gray looks more like her at 6mths than kade did.

my parents had to go to a wedding last night. so...i got my first dose of four kids by myself. needless to say it was interesting and i know that i am in for a big challenge. but, i'm up for it :) we are all thoroughly enjoying him.

i am not allowed to post pics of him on the internet (foster parent rules). when i get home i will email pics.

if i don't get a chance to blog again before then.....Happy Easter and may you feel His presence!!!

3 comments:

Debbie Gage said...

How exciting! i'm so happy for you!

Mandy said...

I am so excited for you!!!! I am praying for you and how Monday will go. I know it will be hard!!!!

Janna said...

I have this mental image of how everything went, and it just brings a smile to my face!!! I hope you have the most joyous Easter yet, and I'm praying that Monday will be the last time you have to say goodbye to little Gray!! Happy Easter!!