Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

potty training nightmares X 2

ahhh...the wonderful world of potty training. the twins will be 3 next month. i haven't pushed in the whole potty training area for several reasons. a) i like my sanity. b) i battled rylee for the longest until i finally just told her that if she wanted to wear a diaper to kindergarten that was her choice. (she didn't potty train until she turned 3) c) i figure when they are ready....they will do it. Now...if they turn four and they aren't potty trained we may have issues :)

lily will occasionally tell me she wants to poop on the potty......and she does great when she wants to. she loves wearing a pull-up or "big girl" panties like her big sister, however, i just don't think she is ready to commit.

kade likes to tell me he wants to do something on the potty, gets up there and as fast as he sits down he says, "i done". (complete waste of time:)

now to a funny story... lily had told kyle she wanted a pull-up on this morning. so he put one on her and she stayed dry for a little while...we praised her etc. then i was sitting at the dining room table and she walked up to me and looked straight at me with those big beautiful blue eyes...leaned into me and whispered, "mom, i poop in my puwup". so i told her to wait just a minute so that i could finish what i was doing. meanwhile, she walked over to the table next to the recliner and picked up one of my little devotional books... she opened it up and began "reading" :) "Jesus say no poop in your puwup..no..no..no..no..........no poop in your puwup". I cracked up! Many times when I discipline my kids we discuss what makes Jesus' heart happy or sad and what the Bible says about certain things. However, we have never discussed how Jesus feels about the pooping in your pull-up issue................hee, hee! when my kids aren't driving me crazy, they are cracking me up :)

have a blessed day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dimple Queen said...

MMM,

Thanks for the funny, and the encouragement through sharing that your oldest wasn't potty trained until she was 3! Timothy was the easiest, and was potty trained by 2 (some accidents but not many) Rachel however is a different story! She shows some interest, and occasionally she will initiate sitting on the potty, but for the most part I have allowed this to be a source of struggle. NO MORE!! She will go when she is ready. I had been telling her though that she couldn't sleep in a "big kid" bed until she was trained, but the other day she learned (with the help of big brother) how to crawl out of the crib! So, now that we have a safety issue that might have to change!

Angie (DQ)