Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 23, 2008

faith vs. fear

my heart has been heavy ever since i heard about the stephen curtis chapman family losing their five yr old daughter.  it is beyond my comprehension what it would mean to lose one of my children.  then, to make things worse, the fact that their son accidentally ran over her.  i can't imagine the guilt that poor boy is feeling.  what that family is dealing with right now is unbelievable.  we need to keep them covered in prayer...

rylee (my five yr old daughter) and i were driving home from the grocery store yesterday.  i was thinking about the chapman family as rylee started singing from the back seat "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine...you make me happy when skies are grey...".  i said a prayer and thanked God for my precious first born but also acknowledged that she, first and foremost, belongs to Him.  how scary it is to be a parent.  these precious little people are entrusted into our care and there are no guarantees.  fear is a paralyzing force when we allow it to control us. freedom from fear comes through faith in a God who is sovereign, just and loving.  Lord, help me choose faith and not fear!  


No comments: