Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

33 is 7 years from 40...

so today i turned 33.  every year in the thirties seem to get stranger and stranger.  a friend reminded me today that i was seven years away from forty.  how does life keep speeding up?  i feel like i'm on an out of control roller coaster..............stop..............i wanna get off!!!!  :) ok...back to reality.  

my weight has really been bothering me.  i'm a stress eater...many of you know this about me and many of you have seen me pack on 36 pounds over the last 2 1/2 years.  it all started when i got the twins...  i'm determined that i really need to get a handle on my weight before i completely lose control.  i've not had good eating habits and exercising has become non-existent.  so.....it's time.  i'm doing it.  i'm going to lose 48 pounds.  i've put a ticker to the right so you can track my progress.  you have my permission to "let me have it" if you don't see that ticker moving :)  

now i will recap mother's day and my birthday.  i stayed home from church yesterday morning because lily and grey were running fever.  (we've had some weird fever virus-started with kade)  anyway...around 2pm i started running fever and felt completely wiped out.  i pretty much laid around or slept the rest of mothers day.  woke up this morning still not feeling well....happy birthday to me :)  laid around again...kyle went to work for a little while and then came home to take care of the kids (have i mentioned that i have the most wonderful husband on the planet?)  there is nothing more miserable than taking care of kids when you feel like poop...  
he was planning on taking me out tonight but i asked if we could postpone my birthday outing when i was feeling better.  

all in all..............it was a couple of miserable days.  however, i must say that i can't help feeling incredibly blessed.  i have four beautiful, healthy and happy children and one amazing man who loves his family well.  what more could a wife and mother ask for???  

ok...i'm off to bed.  i have to wake up in the morning and play catch up after being off my feet for two days...............ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the laundry...it never ends :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary-Michele
Hi! Remember me? Danielle Hudspeth King? I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I am soooo excited for you and your new son Grey! Send me an e-mail of his pics! rking771@austin.rr.com or daniellek@fisd.org

Danielle